The Student News Site of Stafford High School

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

Fashion Weekly

Corrion Carson: Embracing Fashion Freedom and Defying Norms at Stafford High School

Fashion is a big part of many people’s lives. It helps people reflect their personality to the world, without actually having to say anything. Some people use fashion as an outlet to show how they feel about certain topics or issues. Others use it as a way to fit in. Considering that everyone looks different, acts different, and talks different, shouldn’t they also have the ability to dress different?  Stafford High School is one of those schools with a very high fashion diversity rate. With a very liberal dress code, students have the freedom to express themselves how they see fit. While there are many students who dress similarly, some students stand out more than the rest, Corrion Carson is one of those “standouts”. 

Corrion Carson is a Senior at Stafford High School whose style is very unique to who he is, but his style didn’t come easy. Carson’s style has evolved greatly over time, and it continues to evolve daily. Everyday he mixes elements that other fashionistas may not think look good together. Majority of Carson’s clothes come from fashion nova, thrifting, or sometimes friends will just give him items. Even though some of the clothes he gets aren’t things he would personally buy, he always ends up with an outfit that turns heads.

He mixes a whirlwind of garment sizes for layers, colors for contrast, and materials for dimension. While some try to cram his style into one specific group, others including Carson himself, think otherwise . Taajway Demby, a sophomore at SHS says, “ I think Corrion’s style is a mix of Alternative, Streetwear, and other aesthetics mixed together, but he puts his own spin on it.” Corrion himself says, “Depending on the day I switch between emo, alternative, streetwear, or really any other genre of fashion that I think I will look good in and want to try.” 

But how does he feel about the people who don’t think he looks good? Corrion thinks the best way to get over the negative feedback, is to ignore them in the first place. He thinks of these “haters” as his fans, because they take the time out of their day to make negative comments on his style while he stays unbothered. While Corrion does get feedback from people, he also gives it to the people willing and welcoming of it. Corrion Carson is an all around fashion icon and a humble one at that.