The Student News Site of Stafford High School

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

Introducing the Varsity Girls Basketball Team

• Ava Moulton Junior, 17 5th year playing basketball “I enjoy playing basketball because it pushes me outside of my comfort zone and helps me grow as a person”

• Tanaia Traynham Junior, 17 5th year playing basketball “I enjoy basketball because it’s the first sport that was introduced to me by my older sister and i’ve always loved the connection and bonds I create and grow through any sport I play. I love the competitiveness that comes with it too, it’s just a growing experience all around.”

• Annalise McConnell Junior, 16 1st year playing basketball “I think playing basketball is fun and I enjoy having something to work towards and get better at.”

• Hailey Lemke Junior, 16 1st year playing basketball “I wanted to play basketball because I knew it would take hard work to learn and I wanted to put in hard work during my off season from field hockey to better speed and footwork.”

• Skylar Pierce Sophomore, 15 4th year playing basketball “I think basketball keeps you disciplined not only on the court but in your day to day life as well.”

• Kori Butler Sophomore, 16 3rd year playing basketball “I play because it’s what everyone in my family has done and i want to continue it on and provide leadership for younger ones along the way like i had growing up with my brothers, dad, ect.”

• Kalaia Handy 16, Sophomore 7th year playing basketball “It’s fun and i’m good at it, so I enjoy playing it.

• Nayeli Rosario Sophomore, 15 5th year playing basketball “I enjoy playing basketball because I just love it. It’s a sport I have been playing for a long time and it just stuck with me. I love making teammates and playing with new people.”

• Nariah Cullen Freshmen, 15 2nd year playing basketball “It’s fun to play, i enjoy having a team that supports me.”

• Taryn Minor Freshmen, 16 9th year playing basketball “I enjoy playing basketball because I like the environment”

• Bayla Franklin Freshmen, 15 1st year playing basketball “I’m playing to become an overall better athlete. I love being apart of a team, making new friends, and working hard!”

• Madelyn Thompson Freshmen, 14 3rd year playing basketball “I enjoy basketball because it’s super fun, it teaches me to push myself and test my boundaries. It also helps me to become a better athlete. I love my teammates and the bonds I get to create. Plus it’s another sport to add onto the multiple I already do.

• Deanna Saldana Fitzgerald Freshmen, 14 3rd year playing basketball “I love playing basketball because of the joy that I feel for every basket, assist, rebound, steal, and block I contribute to the team, but most of all working with my team like we’re a family through it all.”