NEHS Reads Across Conway

Twelve students from Stafford High School’s National English Honors Society (NEHS) trekked to Conway Elementary School on a field trip with a mission to celebrate Read Across America Day on March 3, 2022.. Accompanied by principal Allen Hicks and club advisor, Stacie Stroud, the high school cadre read books and engaged with their younger counterparts. 

The adventure lasted for over an hour on Tuesday morning. 

Teachers were left appreciative and students were reminded of where their passion for reading started.

“It makes me delighted to see all the wonderful smiles and everything coming from these students,” Said Third Grade Teacher, Stephani Snyder. “They need a role model to look up to.” 

“Having [NEHS] here as mentors for our kids, they see them as heroes, they see them as kids they want to aspire to be.” said Conway Elementary Principal, JR Raybold.

• Stafford High School National English Honor Society members participated in Read Across America Day Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022. The group traveled to Conway Elementary and read a variety of books to the young readers.

photo by Zamari Holley

photo by Zamari Holley
  • Senior Rhian Batts reads children’s books to a 3rd grade Conway Elementary class. Stafford High School National English Honor Society members participated in Read Across America Day Wednesday, March 2nd, 2022. The group traveled to Conway Elementary and read a variety of books to the young readers.

photo by Zamari Holley

photo by Zamari Holley
  • Zamari Holley, a senior at Stafford Senior High School, reads Creepy Pair of Underwear, a children’s book by Aaron Reynolds, to students at Conway Elementary on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.