The Student News Site of Stafford High School

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

SHS Publications

Global News Awareness

This century-long conflict centered around the “holy land” has progressed violently, causing a siege of chaos over the Abrahamic-based religions.
photo by PalestineAwareness
Palestines disappearance over the years

During World War Two ( 1940), when Jews were fleeing Germany into surrounding areas, population began rising in many Mediterranean and Middle Eastern countries. This was due to the immigration policies in European countries that surrounded Germany and the Nazi-controlled region. As population boomed in these areas, it was heavily assumed that the residents of Jerusalem were not willing to surrender their homeland. The continuous flow of refugees from the brutal Nazi regime redefined the territory for decades to follow. Palestinians often use the term “Nakba” when referring to the disaster which ended up producing about 7000,000 Palestinian refugees. The entire bargain began with a desire for peace, until the Palestinians realized just how much land was being cultivated in their territory. 

In 1967 a subsequent war took place, Israel captured the rest of what had been “mandatory Palestine” (Gaza + the West Bank) and put all Palestinians under military law. So much so, that now there is no Palestine, there is only Israel, small Palestine territories, and the Gaza strip. 

Recently the violence between these countries has skyrocketed affecting the rest of the world grievously . On October 7th. Hamas militants stormed Israel and killed 1400 people, and took more than 200 hostage. In response to the brutal attack, Israel struck the Gaza strip, dropping attacks from above that killed more than 7,700 humans. The inhumane behavior has caused fuss in the international community, including America. 

“This is our 9/11. We are committed to change the equation, to shatter the old paradigm,” said Israel’s ambassador to the US, Michael Herzog.

The public brutality of the terrorists, and the use of media to exploit their purpose is deafening to our world. It proves our world is in a constant state of anarchy, and constantly repeating its mistakes. Saying such a thing may seem very grim, but the constant cycle of repeating history is something that no person of authority can control.