Stafford’s Star Runner – Ella Dover

March 30, 2023

Ella Dover stands on the podium after placing third in the 1600m.

Ella Dover was the lone runner at the state track meet for the Stafford High School Indoor Track Team. Dover finished ninth in the 3200m and third in the 1600m. These accomplishments are just the latest in her high school running career. 

After having previously run cross country, Dover decided that the next natural step was to try and run cross country outdoor track for the high school team her sophomore year. She would go on to join the indoor track team in her junior year. 

The statistics speak for themselves: third and ninth place in the VHSL Indoor Track State Championships, as well as 13th in the state cross-country meet. Combined with a slew of top-five and top-three finishes, there is no doubt Dover is dedicated to running. “I think that in order to be good at something you have to really have a passion for it. I really love running. I enjoy the workouts and I enjoy pushing myself.” says Dover.

Dover enjoys boxing and baking. She is also a part of the SHS choir, which performed alongside the Washington chorus in their Candlelight Christmas event at the Kennedy Center. 

Dover has not yet decided where she wants to go to college but she does know she would like to attend a four-year university and join the Air Force as a pilot or medic. 

Dover will continue running spring track on the SHS outdoor track team for her final season as a senior. The target is undoubtedly running at states, and she has a lot of time to work toward that goal.  “I love pushing myself to be better. I also love the feeling of accomplishment afterwards.”